Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA 30305. 404.814.4040. email@example.com
North Avenue Presbyterian School (Atlanta, Ga.).
|Title: ||North Avenue Presbyterian School Collection|
|Dates: ||1898-1965, undated|
3.13 linear ft.
(one document cases, one half document case, and two record center boxes)
The North Avenue Presbyterian School (NAPS) began in 1909 with one teacher, Miss Emma Askew, and twenty children. As a part of its curriculum, religious emphasis accompanied instruction in the usual subjects. Following World War II the school developed a college preparatory school. In 1951, NAPS was chartered as a non-sectarian institution and a college preparatory division for boys was added. The name was changed to "The Westminster Schools." A new building for the combined institutions was erected on a large tract of land at Paces Ferry and Howell Mill Roads.
Scope and Content Note
This collection contains scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, yearbooks, and enrollment lists.
North Avenue Presbyterian School records, MSS 452, Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift,1981 with subsequent additions.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
|1||1||Newspaper clippings, 1939-1941|
|2||Graduation materials - class of 1939, 1939|
|3||Roll book - 3rd and 4th grades, 1912-1913|
|4||School newspaper - "Senior-Reader", 1935-1939|
|Scrapbooks, 1935-1937, undated|
|2||Yearbooks - "Napsonian", 1915-1935|
|3||Yearbooks - "Napsonian", 1936-1953|
|1||Agnes Scott information, 1898-1912|
|2||Newspaper clippings, 1930-1965|
|4||Enrollment lists - North Avenue Presbyterian School and Westminster School, 1942-1952|
|5||Music for Christmas service, 1950|
|6||Printed materials, 1921-1954|