Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA 30305. 404.814.4040. firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington Seminary (Atlanta, Ga.)
|Title: ||Washington Seminary records|
3.0 linear ft.
(5 document cases, 2 oversize boxes)
Washington Seminary was founded in 1878 by the Misses Anita and Lois Washington, the great nieces of Lawrence Washington, half-brother of George Washington. Washington Seminary was primarily a college preparatory school. In 1953 it merged with North Avenue Presbyterian School to form Westminster Schools. Additional historical information has not been established.
Scope and Content Note
These papers consist of catalogues (organized chronologically), invitations, programs, newspaper clippings, Memories, and a history of Washington Seminary.
Washington Seminary records, MSS 28, Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, 1940 with subsequent additions
This collection was processed in 1912.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. All requests to publish, quote, or reproduce must be submitted through the Kenan Research Center.
|1||2||Miss Emma (newsletter), 1933-1947|
|3||Programs & Invitations, 1892-1978, 1974-1978|
|4||Newspaper clippings, 1916-1990|
|MSS OS box 1.3||1||Miss Emma's memories, 1940s|
|MSS OS box 2.1||1||Miss Emma's Garden, 1931-1932|